Coronavirus (COVID-9) Safety Precautions & Protocol @ Indigo Body Massage & Orthopedics Hello wonderful clients, A Friendly Reminder to Breathe during the Coronavirus Commotion! By this time, I'm sure that you are aware that COVID-19 (Coronavirus) is beginning to widely circulate in the United States. Austin, in particular, has begun to take drastic measures to help keep everyone safe they have cancelled SXSW! If you're like me, you probably have concerns and are wondering what will come next. I would characterize my own feelings on the matter as very cautious and concerned, but certainly not panicked.
While our home studio office is not at the point to take drastic measures, such as closing temporarily, and before that taking temperatures at the door, taking our shoes off at the door and wearing masks and protective wear, we would like to inform you that all of the healthcare and wellness providers at our office are taking the time to clean, sanitize, and disinfect our working spaces multiple times daily. After every single client session there is a change of fresh sheets and pillow cases and normally practiced, but in addition to that the table, bench, aquatic tanks and door handles are sanitized and anything else the therapist or client touches during their session visits.
Your health and wellness, as well as our own, is our top priority and we will keep you informed of any changes to come.
We are asking that all clients and patients wash their hands upon arrival to our home studio office. We are also asking that all clients and patients closely monitor their health and PLEASE RESCHEDULE YOUR MASSAGE APPOINTMENTS AT THE FIRST SIGN OF ANY ILLNESS (Fever, Coughing, Sore Throat, Shortness of Breath) and contact your doctor and get tested by your physician to rule out the possibility of being contracted with COVID-19. Our 24 hour Cancellation Policy will be waived if you are needing to cancel due to illness.
I would like to share a list of simple things that you can do to reduce or prevent your risk of contracting, or spreading COVID-19:
1. Manage your anxiety - stress destroys immunity. Self acupressure is a personal favorite method for this. One technique that I often teach is deep breathing from the abdominal muscles, or aka "belly breathing." Another effective breathing technique is the "Wim Hoff Method" translated as the "Fire Breath" derived from the Dutch Ice Man himself.
2. Get plenty of rest. Make sure you are sleeping enough and also sleeping "well." Studies whos that people who get adequate sleep have higher immunity. When you have an adequate amount of quality sleep, it allows the body to restore and repair itself and to function better as well as to focus and fight necessary environmental or biological factors.
3. Carry hand sanitizer, and wipe all surfaces that you touch with your hands. I try to keep a bottle on me or in my purse, gym bag and on my key chain as well. It is good to air on the side of caution, especially if you are particularly vulnerable or in a high-risk category for contracting the virus.
4. Wash your hands for at least 20 - 30 seconds with soap and warm water. Try singing a catchy song or playing a funny video during washing if you get bored. (Hand sanitizer it alcohol-based and therefore it may not kill the virus if one is exposed)
5. Limit or cease touching your face. This is one of the most common habits we have as humans and it is something that we don't usually even think twice about. And it may be an obvious one of course, but by limiting or eliminating this habit, it can significantly reduce your odds of exposure and contamination. The less surfaces you touch the better, and the less likely it is that you will come into contact with the virus on a surface, including on your face.
6. Increase your vitamin intake. If you are not already taking high doses of Vitamin C, increase your daily intake to 3000 mg or until you start to experience loose stools. Increase vitamin D to 2-3000 per day, take 1000mg zinc, and Vit B3 is also shown to bolster immunity.
7. Eat healthy and conscious, consuming lots of color and exercise regularly. The more movement, the better your circulation, the more effective your immune system will function!
8. Viruses, bacteria and fungus HATE heat! Especially this virus, studies and observation has shown so far that it seems to thrive in the cold and not do so well with heat. Drink lots of warm liquids.
9. Limit attendance and exposure to others in public spaces (ten people or less), especially if you have loved ones with compromised immunity or are elderly. I have an elderly Father and have cancelled all trips to see him and my family until this thing passes. I would never want to put my family, loved ones or friends at risk or expose them, even if unintentionally.
Remember that you do not have to be showing symptoms of the Coronavirus in order to expose and contaminate others that are more vulnerable to the virus. And you could also be asymptomatic and test negative and still have contracted the virus in its early stages. This is possibly one reason that the virus has been so contagious and deadly.
10) Currently and I will be taking only limited clients until further notice for the time being. *We are not taking any new clients at this time until further notice for safety precautions as well.*
And I ask that each and every client have their temperature taken before their massage session and upon arrival. And if you have exhibited any symptoms of the virus at all, please notify us and stay home.
No outcall massages will be performed at this time until further notice. No out of town, out of state or out of country clients are permitted until further notice. * If you have been exposed at all please do the right thing and cancel your appointments where you can expose other individuals. Practice the CDC recommended physical or social isolation and do not expose others unnecessarily to the virus. This is a global pandemic and it is crucial that we look out for and protect not only ourselves and our families, but also stay safe for the public health. Stay safe and let's get through this together as a community and a family! Remember that, ... "We are all in this together."
Thank you kindly for your participation and consideration. Please remain calm and have a beautiful day! "Happy Healing!" Namaste.
I don't just have a mission statement for my practice, I am on a life mission. My mission and purpose in my practice here Indigo Body Massage & Orthopedics is to "help others to not feel pain" (and be confined to the limitations of their pain) by providing exceptional and unique body work using the vehicles of acupressure, therapeutic and orthopedic massage therapy modalities.
I am detail and goal-oriented, diligent and conscientious. My goals are focused on the health and well-being of my clients, and to provide individuals with the tools necessary to preform at an optimal level and high functioning physical being, and to live a pain-free and healthy lifestyle. I am constantly learning new things and growing as a therapist and as a person to add more value to my clients during their sessions.
I am committed and dedicated to providing my clients with detailed and nurturing treatments geared to help them reach their optimum levels and their health goals.
I am extremely passionate and relentless about the unlimited healing powers of massage therapy its potential to help others realize their own self-healing capabilities and potential. "My belief is that this is my calling and purpose on earth to help, heal, and empower others with my gift of touch and healing powers. Through my work I serve my higher purpose because I believe that "to heal is to serve". I have devoted my life and my work in massage therapy to that very philosophy. It is my own personal journey that I use for growth and what fuels and drives me on a daily basis to become a better therapist and person. I originally found massage therapy when it healed my own body and mind from injuries, accidents and other traumatic experiences over the years which has made me who I am.
These life shaping occurrences confirmed my purpose of helping others to achieve the same benefits from massage therapy. Practicing massage therapy is my sanctuary and guiding force; It focuses my energy, therefore allowing me to show kindness to others through touch and by taking away their pain.
I am originally from East Texas and moved to Austin three years ago from North Houston. Graduating from Hands On Healing School of Massage in Dallas as well we Lauterstein-Conway School of Massage in Austin, and dedicating my life to the healing art, I found my calling in helping others to heal their bodies, minds and souls from chronic injuries and surgeries, pain, stress, depression, diseases and disorders.
In my spare time when I am not working with clients or running my business, I very much enjoy weight training, running, and training Japanese jiu jitsu and judo which I also find to be a powerful healing tool that is an "escape" for me and has helped me through challenges and difficulties throughout my life. I find that massage is also a therapy and an escape and that helping others is a powerful healing tool in and of itself. It offers that same healing and customized therapy as martial arts and combines kinetics and movement with physical touch to aide in healing the body, physically, psychologically, spiritually and emotionally.
One of the aspects that I enjoy most about massage therapy is also that it is like living, breathing, and moving art. The body is a blank canvas and it is my honor to be a vessel and to have the opportunity to help guide the healing process into it. I personally hold myself accountable and try to walk the walk and consistently follow a very conscious and healthy lifestyle myself in my own personal practice which I am certainly open to sharing freely.
It is my passion and desire to spread this knowledge of its healing power to as many people as possible in my short time here on this planet and to help others reap the full benefits from it.
What I enjoy the most is seeing my clients benefit enormously from the power of massage and seeing what it really can do for body, mind, spirit and soul. I have seen people healed in ways that are beyond description through the power and gift of touch and I strive to give my clients my best and to help in any way that I humanly can." - Jessie Thompson MT#123259
Professional Draping Policy: (All clients will be professionally draped at all times during their massage!)
Draping is the technique of uncovering only the part of the body that is being worked on during a massage. Draping allows you to be totally nude underneath a sheet or towel and feel safe, warm, and unexposed. It also gives the massage therapist the freedom to massage all parts of the body without being encumbered by clothing.
Using draping, the massage therapist only works on the part of the body that is exposed—your back, one arm or one leg, for instance, while the rest of the body is covered. Your private parts are always concealed. That way, the therapist maintains a professional and ethical practice while avoiding embarrassment to the client or herself. Some bodywork is done with the body fully clothed so no drape is used, but when clothing is removed, drapes must be used appropriately. Draping means that all the areas of the body not being treated are completely and securely covered with a blanket, sheet, or towel for the discretion of the client and the therapist.
When putting the drape in place, the therapist may lift each leg slightly to bring the drape securely under the thigh. While the client is disrobed, her legs should never be spread wide apart to secure the drape. The primary fact to remember is that the drape is there to define the area of the body to be worked on. The therapist’s hands should never go under the drape.
It is the practitioner’s responsibility to use proper draping to ensure that their clients feel secure, without fear of exposure. The genital regions will always be covered at all times, and the therapist will always respect the professional boundaries and the same is expected in return.
CANCELLATION POLICY & TARDINESS POLICY: We do require a 24-hour cancellation notification for a scheduled massage session that you cannot keep for any reason. You will be charged the entire cost of the massage or orthopedic service you had booked if you do not give us 24-hours notice to cancel or reschedule. We understand that things come and happen, we just ask that you are respectful of our time as we are respectful of yours.
If you arrive late for your appointment, your session will end at the originally scheduled end-time for your appointment, so the client following you is not penalized.
I honestly can't say enough great things about Jessie. She is so knowledgeable about the human body and is an outstanding massage therapist. Not only is this woman truly gifted, she is also so compassionate and kind. I have been getting massages for over 20 years and she is by far the best.
I am currently suffering from 2 herniated disks. I have been seeing several doctors and therapists and no one has given me the relief she has.
I don't want to forget her extensive knowledge and essential oil blends.....Truly amazing!! - Angela A.